The Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy encourages applications from indigenous peoples descended from the first inhabitants of North America. This includes people of Métis, First Nations, and Inuit heritage. Applications of qualified persons of aboriginal ancestry who meet all minimum standards in each of the admissions criteria, as determined at the time final selections are made, will be reviewed separately in final selections and may be given special consideration.
Candidates of aboriginal ancestry are asked to identify themselves on the application form should they wish to receive relevant consideration. Such candidates are required to provide proof of aboriginal ancestry in the form of one of:
- a written confirmation from Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- a copy of a valid Status or Treaty card
- a copy of a Nunavut Trust Certificate Card or roll number
- a copy of a membership card in a Métis registry recognized by the Métis National Council (Métis Nation of Ontario, the Manitoba Métis Federation, the Métis Nation- Saskatchewan, the Métis Nation of Alberta, and the Métis Nation British Columbia)
- a written confirmation of membership in a band council that has its own membership code.
This must be received no later than January 31, 2019 for candidates who wish to receive relevant consideration for admission in September 2019. A scholarship in the amount of $1,000 is available for one aboriginal student entering first year.