The CPE hosts monthly seminars on critical issues impacting the future of health care and pharmacy. The Rounds are open to students and practitioners working in the field of pharmacy who seek to learn more about the three focus areas of the CPE: management education and training, transformational research, and best practice and innovation. The CPE Rounds take place on the first Thursday of each month and usually consist of a 20-30 minute presentation followed by 30 minutes of open discussion and Q&A.
Thursday, September 6, 2018
- Presenter: Suzanne Neilsen, Monash Addiction Research Centre, Monash University, Australia
- Discussant: Feng Cheng, University of Waterloo
- Topic: Brief screening for prescribed opioid dependence in community pharmacy: developing fit-for-purpose screening tools and implementing software-facilitated opioid outcome monitoring
Thursday, October 4, 2018
- Presenter: Suzanne Cadarette, University of Toronto Faculty of Pharmacy
- Topic: Healthcare administrative data in Ontario: opportunities and challenges
Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Presenter: Zahava Rosenberg-Yunger, Ontario Pharmacist’s Association
- Topic: Shared decision making and diabetes: Practice and teaching implications for pharmacists.
Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Presenter: Lena Salach, Centre for Effective Practice
- Topic: TBD
May 3, 2018
- Presenter: Lisa Dolovich
Topic: The Windsor Essex Compassionate Care Community approach: What opportunities are there for pharmacy?
March 8, 2018
- Presenter: Daniala Weir
Topic: Medications Prescribed, Stopped and Modified at Hospital Discharge and Filled Medications in the Community: Non-adherence to in-Hospital Medication Changes 30-days Post Discharge
- Discussant: Olavo Fernandes
Topic: Can pharmacists collaborate with patients and interprofessional teams to reduce medication-related risk at interfaces of care and improve meaningful patient outcomes?
February 1, 2018
- Presenter: Aseel Abuzour and Ida-Maisie Famiyeh
Topic: A qualitative study exploring the clinical reasoning processes of pharmacist and nurse independent prescribers in the United Kingdom
Description: Clinical reasoning processes among pharmacists and independent prescribers based on in the UK.
- Presenter: Ida-Maisie Famiyeh
Topic: Pharmacy Service Users’ Support for and Willingness to Use Community Pharmacist Prescribing Services in Ontario
Description: Pharmacist prescribing in Ontario from the perspective of community pharmacy service users.
January 11, 2018
- Presenter: Naomi Steenhof
Topic: Productive Failure
Description: Instructional design in pharmacy education.
Future sessions will be posted here in the future; stay tuned!
For more information or to be notified of upcoming CPE Rounds, please contact Annalise Mathers at firstname.lastname@example.org