The CPE hosts a monthly Speaker Series on critical issues impacting the future of health care and pharmacy. The Speaker Series is open to students and practitioners working in the field of pharmacy who seek to learn more about the three focus areas of the CPE: management education and training, transformational research, and best practice and innovation. The CPE Speaker Series takes place on the first Thursday of each month and usually consist of a 20-30 minute presentation followed by 30 minutes of open discussion and Q&A.
Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Presenter: Zubin Austin, Professor, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
- Topic: If competence is the answer, have we asked the right questions?
Thursday, April 4, 2019
- Presenter: Tejal Patel, Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy, University of Waterloo
- Topic: Electronic Medication Adherence Products: Classification, Usability, and Potential Impact on Adherence among Older Adults
For more information or to be notified of upcoming speakers, please contact Annalise Mathers at email@example.com
Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Presenter: Lisa Dolovich, Professor, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
- Topic: The Future of Pharmacy
Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Presenter: Zahava Rosenberg-Yunger, Ontario Pharmacist’s Association
- Topic: Shared decision making and diabetes: Practice and teaching implications for pharmacists.
Thursday, September 6, 2018
- Presenter: Suzanne Neilsen, Monash Addiction Research Centre, Monash University, Australia
- Discussant: Feng Cheng, University of Waterloo
- Topic: Brief screening for prescribed opioid dependence in community pharmacy: developing fit-for-purpose screening tools and implementing software-facilitated opioid outcome monitoring
May 3, 2018
- Presenter: Lisa Dolovich
Topic: The Windsor Essex Compassionate Care Community approach: What opportunities are there for pharmacy?
March 8, 2018
- Presenter: Daniala Weir
Topic: Medications Prescribed, Stopped and Modified at Hospital Discharge and Filled Medications in the Community: Non-adherence to in-Hospital Medication Changes 30-days Post Discharge
- Discussant: Olavo Fernandes
Topic: Can pharmacists collaborate with patients and interprofessional teams to reduce medication-related risk at interfaces of care and improve meaningful patient outcomes?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2fNDTfajek
February 1, 2018
- Presenter: Aseel Abuzour and Ida-Maisie Famiyeh
Topic: A qualitative study exploring the clinical reasoning processes of pharmacist and nurse independent prescribers in the United Kingdom
Description: Clinical reasoning processes among pharmacists and independent prescribers based on in the UK.
- Presenter: Ida-Maisie Famiyeh
Topic: Pharmacy Service Users’ Support for and Willingness to Use Community Pharmacist Prescribing Services in Ontario
Description: Pharmacist prescribing in Ontario from the perspective of community pharmacy service users.
January 11, 2018
- Presenter: Naomi Steenhof
Topic: Productive Failure
Description: Instructional design in pharmacy education.
For presentations that are not available, please contact the CPE Speaker Series at firstname.lastname@example.org.