If you have further question about application and admission process, please email email@example.com.
All applicants must have completed (or be in the final year of) a four-year BSc or BA degree or a two-year MSc (or its equivalent) in the Natural/Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences, or Health Profession such as Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy from a recognized university.
Master of Science (MSc)
- Applicants must have a minimum mid-B (75%) average, or its equivalent, in each of the last two years of full-time study in a four-year undergraduate program.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Applicants must have a minimum of B+ (77%) overall average, or its equivalent, in a Masters degree program.
Direct-Entry Doctor of Philosophy (PhD U)
- Applicants must have a minimum of A- (80%) average, or its equivalent, in senior level courses relevant to the program in a four-year undergraduate program. The applicant is expected to have completed an undergraduate research project.
For International Degrees:
Applicants can determine the equivalency of foreign degrees with the School of Graduate Studies’ equivalency tool.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (www.ets.org/gre/)
Applicants who HAVE NOT completed a program of study in Canada or the U.S. must write the GRE General Test and meet the following minimum requirements:
Verbal: 50th percentile
Quantitative: 50th percentile
Analytical Writing: 5.0
English Proficiency Test
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – institution code: 0982
Paper-Based Test and TWE
Internet-Based Test (IBT)
|Minimum Score – 600
TWE – 5
|Minimum Overall Score – 100
Writing/Speaking – 22
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
Required score: 85.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Required score: 7.0 (Academic) with at least 6.5 in each component.
- The Certificate of Proficiency in English (COPE)
Required score: 76, with at least 22 in each component and 32 in the writing component.
- Academic Preparation Course (http://english.learn.utoronto.ca/)
Required score: a final grade of B in Level 60.
If you have completed a degree at a recognized university in one of the following countries, you are not required to provide proof of English-language proficiency:
Australia, Barbados, Botswana, Ghana, Guyana, Hong Kong*, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa**, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America***, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
*Exception: Chinese University of Hong Kong graduates are required to provide proof of English language proficiency.
**Some applicants from South Africa may be required to provide proof of English proficiency as not all universities teach in English.
***While textbooks and research materials used at universities in Puerto Rico are often in English, Spanish is the language of instruction in some universities.