Policies & Forms



Students are required to comply with the Communicable Disease and Immunization Policy:

Immunization FAQs

Communicable Diseases and Immunization Policy

Immunization forms and instructions on submitting documentation will be provided to students at the beginning of each Academic year.

CPR/First Aid

Students must be certified in Standard First Aid and Level C CPR. Students must not let their CPR/First Aid certification expire throughout the duration of the entire EPE summer (i.e. Block 3) or APPE year (i.e. through Block 10).

Instructions for submitting this documentation will be provided to students at the beginning of each Academic year.

WSIB Forms

The University is required to comply with government Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) policies related to student accident coverage during students’ unpaid placements.

Accident/Illness Forms

Student Accident Report

Letter of Authorization

Postsecondary Student Unpaid Work Placement Workplace Insurance Claim Form

Optional Checklists

Pre-placement Due Diligence Checklist

Pre-placement Safety Orientation Checklist

Police Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening (PRC/VSS)

Pharmacy students, as part of their curriculum, will have experiential placements (rotations) at various pharmacy practice settings. At some of these, students may work directly with, or in close proximity to, children or vulnerable persons.  To protect these groups and maintain their safety, sites may require Pharmacy students to obtain a Police Record Check.  Police Record Checks are sometimes also referred to as a Vulnerable Sector Screening. To avoid any confusion in this policy, we refer to Police Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening as PRC/VSS.  PRC/VSS is more comprehensive than “Criminal Record Checks” and “clearance letters”.

Mask Fit Testing

Students must have a valid mask fit test prior to experiential placements in Year 4 of the program/APPE placements.  The mask fit testing documentation must be valid until the end of Year 4.  Students in Year 2 of the program may require mask fit testing depending on the site requirement of their placement. The OEE will organize mask fit testing for students at the Faculty each year. Students are not required to complete their mask fit testing through the OEE provider and may complete the testing on their own. Students must provide proof of completion of testing to OEE.

Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) Registration and ID Verification

Students enrolled in Year 1 of the Pharmacy Program must register with the Ontario College of Pharmacists. Students must register with the OCP by the time they begin formal placements within community pharmacies or pharmacy services within institutions.  For more information see www.ocpinfo.comBefore Registering with the OCP, students must buy Personal Professional Liability Insurance. It is each student’s responsibility to purchase and maintain this insurance coverage. While neither the Faculty nor the OCP recommend any particular supplier for this insurance, the following contact information may be helpful:

In November OEE verifies student identification, following which students can upload their proof of identity when submitting their application

PharmD for Pharmacist Students:

Prior to commencing their experiential placements, students must be registered with the College of Pharmacists of the province in which they are completing their placements.

Student Accident Insurance

For student who are volunteering at worksites outside of the required course placements, information on purchasing insurance is found at this link.

Verification of Student Illness or Injury

This is the new official University of Toronto form for all students requesting special academic consideration based on illness or injury. This new form replaces the “Student Medical Certificate”.

Guidance for completion is included on the form itself.

There is a website that includes the form, information for students, FAQ’s, and links to Registrarial Services at the three campuses found at this link.

Accessibility Standards

Like all public institutions in Ontario, the University is required to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.  To learn more about this act please visit this website: AODA