How to Apply to the PharmD-MBA program
To participate in the Combined PharmD-MBA, you must apply to and be admitted to both the PharmD and MBA programs separately. Each September, an information session will be held for second year PharmD students interested in learning more about the Combined PharmD-MBA program. This session will describe the admission requirements, outline the application processes, and explain the opportunities presented by this unique Combined PharmD-MBA program. Interested students are encouraged to speak with the Combined PharmD-MBA Program Coordinator to discuss the program and begin planning.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Only second year students in the PharmD program at the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy are able to apply for admission to the Combined PharmD-MBA program
- The program is only offered to students who have completed at least one 4-year degree (e.g. BSc, BA, BComm, BEng) prior to enrolling in the PharmD program at the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy. Students who have not yet completed a 4-year degree from an accredited university are not eligible to apply.
Application Process & Timelines
- During Year 2 of the PharmD program, students must complete and submit all admission requirements for the Full-Time MBA program offered by the Rotman School of Management by the posted deadlines.
- Please note that the Rotman School of Management has five different admissions rounds, each with their own deadlines. To be considered for admission to the Combined PharmD-MBA program, second year PharmD students must complete and submit their applications by the Round 1 or Round 2 deadlines.
- If you are accepted into the Full-Time MBA program at Rotman, you will need to notify the Combined PharmD-MBA Program Coordinator to be transferred into the Combined PharmD-MBA program. At that time, you will be directed to defer your acceptance into the Full-Time MBA program for one academic year to allow you to complete the remainder of the degree requirements for the PharmD degree.